Full time Hours – 8 am to 5pm (3 x 40 hour or week 1 X 32 hour week)
- Assist with regular patrols of the land, coast and river inlets.
- Assist with the observations, recording and reporting of fisheries violations.
- Assist with regular inspections of recreational camping sites, and observing, recording and reporting violations.
- Record and report marine debris; assist with clean-up as required.
- Record, report and assist in the investigation of fish kills.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of a vessel, vehicle and other equipment associated with the position.
- Carry out training as directed by Tiwi Resources.
- Carry out other land or coastal management activities as directed by Tiwi Resources.
- Keep and maintain a diary of land and sea management activities, and training activities.
- Perform weekly clean-ups of all marine debris adjacent to Barge Landings.
- Maintain a Diary and photographic evidence of all activities
- Must have a good knowledge of the Tiwi Islands and coastline.
- Must have basic literacy & numeracy skills.
- Must be physically fit and able to carry out physically demanding tasks.
- Must be familiar with boat handling.
- Must be available for regular coastal patrols away from home, sometimes overnight or several nights.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, Coxswain qualification.
- Must pass a police check and hold a current Ochre Card.
To apply, please contact Joanne Bate at 8970 9175