Learn skills that lead to employment
TITEB wants to see Tiwi people working and participating in community life, helping to build a better future for themselves and their families. Patrick Puruntatameri, CDP Supervisors at Pirlangimpi believes that participating in CDP activities is an important step towards getting a job.
Under the CDP, job seekers are expected to do up to 25 hours per week of work that benefits their community. Patrick encourages the men to come to work every morning to work together and learn skills that can lead to employment.
CDP activities help develop important skills and experience that employers are looking for, such as:
- Communication – able to listen and express yourself clearly.
- Teamwork – able to work in a group and bring out the best in others.
- Problem solving – able to think clearly and deal with problems.
- Learning – willing and able to learn new skills.
- Good work ethic – dependable, honest, confident and positive.